Monday, May 12, 2014

Poppy Parade

 
 
On Day 5 of the Online Watercolor for Cardmakers class--the amazing Swarup Murthy taught us her method of watercoloring stamped images (you can find her blog The Storyteller here).  She may be my new cardmaking hero.  I can't wait to finish this class so I can try this technique again (and again and again!!)  Can you tell I'm excited?  I'm still pinching myself that I made this card and it turned out this well. 

Never in my wildest imagination would I have guessed that I would be able to do something like this when I signed up for this class!  I mentioned in a previous post that I had a traumatic kindergarten coloring incident.  I still have nightmares to this day of my teacher ripping the mimeograph caboose I was coloring out from under my giant red crayon and screaming at me for coloring wrong--I think I was 5 years old. 

And that was pretty much the end of my art career--even though both my mother and my sister are artists.  Ask me to draw a circle or a straight line--ha!  I can't even make stick figures look like stick figures.  BUT look at these Poppies!  I'm in love with this technique.  I'm so glad I told my inner voice to shut up and decided to at least try doing it--because I was absolutely intimidated by it when I first looked at her sample card. 

Love this class!!  Can't wait to see what they have in store for us this week!

And since the Simon Says Stamp!  Wednesday challenge last week includes flowers and Penny Black stamps, I thought I would submit it over there as well.

Stuff used:

Penny Black Poppy Parade wood mounted rubber stamp
Sakura KOI Watercolor set
Claudine Hellmuth Artist Brushes
Strathmore 140 lb. Cold Press watercolor paper
Neenah 80 lb. Solar white Cardstock base
and Fiskars Clear Acrylic Birthday sentiment stamp 

Thanks for stopping by!




 

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I've long been a fan of Sanketi's beautiful work, and isn't it wonderful that she's shared her technique? Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week, and I hope you'll come back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! The flowers are so beautiful and I love the shades of orange. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete