Monday, May 12, 2014

Look Ma!  No Hands...
 
 
 
My Online Watercolor for Cardmakers Class has been keeping me seriously occupied this last week.  I can't believe how much work it has been.  But wow!  have I been learning a lot.  Keep watching--I'll be posting all my work from week one soon.  But for now I thought I would share this little guy with you.
 
This month's challenge over on the Viva Las Vegas Stamps blog uses this inspiration design using the Whimsical elephant stamp designed by Mary Vogel Lozinak:
 
 
Though I could have used anything in the pic to inspire my design, I didn't take a lot of time thinking about it because I was working more on the watercolor technique.  I think it turned out really cute though.
 
Here's what I did.  First I stamped the Man with Pointed Nose  (also designed by Mary Vogel Lozinak) and then masked his little feet with a post-it note mask (fussy cut), and stamped the Whimsical Elephant.
 
I colored the whole picture with Derwent Inktense Pencils.  I was given these as a gift a couple of months ago and I absolutely adore them!!  I had given them a try a couple of times before this class, but this is the first time I've really gotten serious with them.  And the videos in class really have helped me figure out how to get the most from them.   For me, they are so much easier to use and control than Copic markers. 
 
After I painted everything I added the "Look Ma... No Hands" stamp.  This came on a plate of rubber I bought last year. 
 
Hope you like the result!!  Wish I'd had this card to send my sister when she broke her elbow falling on the ice this winter.  Poor thing! 
 
 
Paper: 
Strathmore 140 lb. Cold Press Watercolor Paper
Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80 lb. cardstock

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH! I love these! Thank you for supporting my art too! xo Mary Lozinak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK You Mary!! you absolutely made my day. I adore your designs!

      Delete