Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day!


Whew, done ahead of time.  Thanks to the April 2014 Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin kit and the February 2014 Simon Says Stamp!  Card Kit for inspiration.

 
Here's a close up of the card:
 
 
I used the February 2014 Simon Says Stamp! Card kit for inspiration for the card.  I loved this card kit.  Most of the items included I probably wouldn't have bought on my own--or separately.  But I can't tell you how many cards I've made from this kit.  And I loved the stamp set--super versatile!
Here's what I used from the kit:
 
Cardstock:  Bazzill Candy Hearts
Paint (for the flower centers):  Claudine Hellmuth Blank Canvas Paint  (a mini bottle came with the kit!)
 
I also used some sequins I still have left from the March 2014 card kit: 
 
I also used: 
Stampin' Up markers and ink in Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi, Ranger Antiquities Embossing Powder in Rose Quartz, and the Happy Mother's Day stamp from the April 2014 Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin kit
 
 
 
 
 
When I got the April Paper Pumpkin I decided it definitely needed to be used for my Mother's Day gift this year.  But the inside layout inspiration, though cute, was not something I thought my mother would appreciate.  So I grabbed this photo I had on my desk that my Aunt had recently given me, scanned it into my computer, doctored it up a bit, printed it out on glossy photo paper, and put it in the frame.  I then added one of the die cut hearts from the kit with the foam pop ups (already cut in the perfect size!!).  I made the flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland decorative strip die, and added some loops of twine from the Paper Pumpkin kit behind the flowers, and placed them all down with some hot glue.  I used my handy dandy Martha Stewart letter stamp kit I found at a yard sale to stamp "Mom & Me" onto the same decorative paper I made the flowers from (K&Company "Life's Journey Designer Paper Pad").  And Voila!  A quick Mother's Day gift, finished ahead of time--and I know she'll love it. 
 
 
 
I think I was 4.  I won't tell you what year it was.  ha.
 
I "wrapped" the picture in the paper wrapper that came in the Paper Pumpkin kit, and made another paper wrapper to go in the opposite direction from the K&Company paper pad.  I decided to save the linen ribbon that came with the kit and use some pretty ribbon that (one of)  my Stampin' Up Pusher... enabler...Demonstrator (!!) gave to me--(Debi--Love her!  I stamped the Happy Mother's Day stamp in Bermuda Bay on one of the white tags that came with the kit, added one of the hearts, and tied it on with some of the kit twine.  I love it when everything is all handy in one place! 
 
All ready for next Sunday.  Hope Mom likes it...  As well as the yummy dinner out my brother and I have planned for her!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment