Monday, August 25, 2014

#WishBig:  Viva Las Vegas Stamps!

 August Challenge

 
 
 
 
I have officially joined the ranks of the only occasional blogger.  Oh, well!  At least I had good intentions.  Chaos ensued shortly after my last blog post, the result was a very sick mother, 3 trips to the hospital and the poor girl has basically gone from independent to dependent overnight.  I'm not even going to try and tally how many trips to doctors I've taken her to in the last couple of months. Let's just say that I am SO glad I enjoy knitting, because I don't think my cardmaking stuff would work well in waiting rooms.
 
On a cheery note, it absolutely MADE MY MONTH when I was flipping through my e-mail one night in the E.R. and found this post from Viva Las Vegas Stamps!  Woo Hoo!!  I can't believe I WON my first time out.  I can proudly display this logo:
 
 
 
AND I've been meaning to try my hand at another of their monthly challenges, but my stress levels have left me rather bereft of any creative juices lately.  Today I finally grabbed a chance to whip something up for their August challenge.  Here is the challenge inspiration photo for this month:
 
 
And you can find the Challenge post HERE.  Go check it out and see what you can come up with!
 
 
Hope you like my project.  It's for my Sister's Birthday--though in her case she might want to #WishYoung ;)
Can you see the Glossy Accents on the window and the Wink of Stella on the Crystal Ball?
 

 
And a little matching Mail Art to send the card in:
 
 
 
 
Stamps used: 
#WishBig from Unity Stamp Company
 
Other supplies for Card:
 
Full Adhesive Post-It Notes for masking
Tim Holtz Stencil 003 Rays
Tim Holtz distress inks in Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon and Scattered Straw
Tim Holtz Markers in various colors
.5 Copic Multiliner for Zoltar electric cord
Wink of Stella Brush in Clear (for a sparkly Crystal Ball)
Ranger Glossy Accents for the windows of the Zoltar Machine
Stampin' Up Cardstock in Real Red and Coastal Cabana
Neenah Solar White 80 lb. Cardstock
3M Mounting taps (for the sentiment flag)
MyStik Scrapbook Adhesive runner
 
Other Supplies for Envelope:
 
Full Adhesive Post-It Notes for masking
Heidi Swap Polka Dot Stencil
Various colors of Copic Markers for coloring images
Tim Holtz inks in Scattered Straw, Ripe Persimmon, and mustard seed
Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen for dress and elephant's ball
Glossy Accents for star, ball and medallion
Gold Stampin' Dazzle marker from Stampin' up (elephant's collar)
White Signo Uniball pen for elephant's collar
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment